Leila Niamir joined MCC as a postdoctoral researcher and IPCC Sixth Assessment Report chapter scientist in April 2019. Leila received her doctoral degree from the University of Twente in The Netherlands on behavioral climate change mitigation, February 2019. Her research focus is on:
- Science-policy-society interface on climate change mitigation; particularly demand-side management
- Agent-based modeling and modeling regime shifts
- Behavioral and lifestyle changes
- Social movements and dynamics
- SDGs and wellbeing
- Sharing economy and digitalization
She has been involved in several EUFP7 and Horizon2020 European projects on climate change mitigation and adaptation as a climate-energy model developer and policy researcher. She also had have close research collaborations with Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency (PBL), International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) in Austria, Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), and Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3) in Spain.